Contact PartMiner – A Global NSN Parts provider
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Unit of Issue Code (UI)
A code indicating the physical measurement, the count or when neither is applicable, the container, or shape of an item for purposes of requisitioning by, and issue to, the end-user, and is that element of management data to which the unit price is ascribed. See DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 53 - UNIT OF ISSUE CODES.
Document Availability Code (DAC)
A one-hundred ten position clear text field which gives the requirement statement in straight forward sequence for an assigned Master Requirement Code (MRC).
Reference Number Category Code (RNCC)
A one position alphanumeric code that designates the relationship of the reference number to the item of supply. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 6.
- 1 - Secondary reference. Any additional number, other than a primary number (Codes 1, 2, 3, 4), informative reference (code 6) or vendor item drawing reference (code 7) assigned to an item of production or supply by a commercial or government organization, which represents the same item of production or supply to which the National Stock Number (NSN) was assigned. The reference number may have had an RNCC of 1, 2, 3, 4, or 7 but has since been replaced in the item-of-supply concept of the nsn by another primary number. Includes additional numbers assigned by the design control organization; superseded or discontinued reference numbers which may have resulted from: a manufacturer s change in numbering system; the manufacturer no longer produces the item or is no longer a technically approved source; the manufacturer or supplier for that number is out of business. Note: an RNCC 5 reference with a reference number variation code (RNVC) of 2 shall not be added to an nsn with a standard military drawing (SMD) or military specification coded RNCC-RNVC 2-2 unless the reference is registered on the qualified products list (QPL) for the SMD or mil spec. (Obsolete, superseded, cancelled, or discontinued reference numbers coded RNCC 5 shall be coded reference number variation code 9. All secondary reference extra long reference number (ELRNS), whether current, (obsolete, superseded, cancelled, or discontinued, shall be coded RNCC 5 and RNVC 1.)
- 2 - Definitive government specification or standard designator reference. A part number, style number, or type designator included in or developed in accordance with a government specification or standard which has the effect of fully identifying an item of supply. This code shall also be used for a government specification or standard which, although not including part numbers, style numbers, or type designators, covers a single item of supply. These reference numbers may be coded with reference number variation code (RNVC) 1 in accordance with volume 2, paragraph 2.9.2.N.(4). (Non-definitive government specifications or standard designator references shall be coded 4; vendor item drawings as defined in ASMEY-14.24M and ASMEY-14.100M shall be coded 7; professional association or standard designator references shall be coded 3.)
- 3 - Design control reference. The primary number used to identify an item of production or a range of items of production, by the manufacturer (individual, company, firm, corporation, or government activity) which controls the design, characteristics, and production of the item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications and inspection requirements. (When used to identify a reference number where the design control reference is no longer active (original design activity), the reference number will be coded with reference number variation code (RNVC)9).
- 4 - Non-definitive U.S. Government specification or standard reference. Any government specification or standard reference other than those indicated in code 2 as definitive references. This code shall be used for non-definitive government specifications and standard references and non-definitive part numbers, type designators, and style numbers included therein which are coded with RNVC 1. (Includes the specification number of those specifications for which type designation is used as code 2. Excludes professional association, industrial association, or manufacturer s specification or standard reference which shall be coded 3, and vendor item drawing as defined in ASMEY-14.24M and ASMEY-14.100M which shall be coded 7.)
- 5 - Source control reference. The number assigned by a design control manufacturer of an end item of equipment, including a government activity, to a drawing that restricts procurement (1) to the specified item(s) described on the drawing and (2) to the stated source(s) of supply designated thereon. These restrictions are imposed on the cognizant design activity to ensure procurement of the only item(s) known as a result of test or evaluation to be satisfactory for the stated critical application. Includes only those drawings which meet the definition for source control drawing in ASMEY-14.24M and ASMEY-14.100M. (Applicable only to type 1, 1B, 2, 4, and 4B item identifications.)
- 6 - Information reference. North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) stock numbers (CAGE CODE INTE9), production equipment codes (CAGE CODE 99998), and DOD ammunition codes (CAGE CODE 99999) which may be related to NSNs. (Reference numbers for the cage codes cited above shall be coded RNVC 9.) Within NATO, the definition means the following: information reference any related to the nsn which does not fall into any other category.
- 7 - Vendor item drawing reference (formerly specification control reference). The number assigned by a design activity to a drawing that is not item identifying, but which delineates existing commercial or vendor developed items meeting all engineering and test requirements specified, without imposing additional test/engineering requirements not normally provided by the vendor(s). Includes only those drawings which meet the definition of vendor item drawing in MIL-STD-100. Vendor item drawing references are administrative control numbers and shall not be used as part identification numbers.
- 8 - US/NATO-reproduced item identification number. A number representing a reproduction of an item of production by a NATO country (including the united states) for which authorization to use the NATO/National Stock Number has been granted by the originating country. The reproduced item represents the same item of production as the original item.
- A - Design category packaging and related logistics data reference number. The number of a document representing packaging and related logistics data requirements.
- C - Advisory reference. A number assigned to an item of production or supply not included in the item-of-supply concept to which the nsn has been assigned (e.g., an item that may have been used in the preproduction equipment design which has since been redesigned or replaced). Use of this RNCC is restricted to conditions where cross-reference is required to establish identification to an item of supply. Additionally, there is no direct relationship of the reference number to the NSN other than a Service/Agency individual decision. (RNCCC shall be used only in conjunction with RNVC 1.)
- D - Drawing number reference. A number assigned by a design activity to a drawing or other technical documentation which identifies a drawing/document that is related to an item of supply or production but does not qualify for assignment of codes 1, 3, 5, 7, or C. Code D reference numbers will not be used in item-of-supply determinations.
- E - Replaced reference number. A manufacturer’s part number, Government Specification/Standard or other design control reference number that is superseded, discontinued or replaced resulting from a cancel-use action on a NSN which was recorded with ISC 3 or E. This reference number is automatically moved and this code is automatically assigned, do not submit for cataloging purpose.
Reference Number Variation Code (RNVC)
A one position numeric code that indicates if the reference number is or is not item identifying, or is for information only. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 7.
- 1 - A design control reference or other reference number that does not identify an item of production without the use of additional information, or is a specification, part, type or similar reference number that does not identify an item of supply without the use of additional information.
- 2 - A design control reference or other reference number that is an item-identifying number for an item of production, or is a source control reference, a specification or a standard part, type, or similar reference number that is an item-identifying number for an item of supply.
- 3 - A vendor’s reference (part) number on a source control item, as defined in ASMEY-14.24M and ASMEY-14.100M, which is reparable through the removal, exchange, and reinstallation of component parts. The related source control document number will also reflect the CODE 3. This code is limited to type 1B or 4B item identification.
- 8 - A non-item-identifying reference number that is added to a replacement nsn as a result of a cancel-use action on an NSN recorded with ISC 3 or E. It is used to identify the original item of supply/replaced item. This reference number is automatically moved and this code is automatically assigned, do not submit for cataloging purposes.
- 9 - A reference number which was the design control reference for the item of supply concept (original design activity) that is now inactive coded reference number category code (RNCC) 3; a specification, standard, or other reference number which is superseded, cancelled, obsolete or discontinued and is coded RNCC 5; a reference number for information only is coded RNCC 6; a drawing which is the single controlling reference number (SCRN) coded RNCC 2 or 7; or a drawing number reference coded RNCC D.
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Service or Agency Designator Code (SADC)
A twenty position alpha code designated by the military services or a federal agency that a National Stock Number (NSN) is accepted as a substitute for the item identified by the reference number. A=Army, C=Coast Guard, D=Defense Logistics Agency, F=Air Force, G=General Services Administration, M=Marine Corps, N=Navy, O=Other DOD, T=Federal Aviation Administration, and V=Other Civil Agencies. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 154.
Shelf-Life Code (SLC)
A code indicating the storage time period or perishability of an item. This data is codified by one character which may be an alpha or a numeric. See VOLUME 10, TABLE 50.
Demilitarization Management Special Material Content Code (SMCC)
A one position alphanumeric code that indicates that an item represents or contains peculiar material requiring special treatment, precautions, or management control of the item. In accordance with NAVSUP P-485, VOLUME II, APPENDIX 9, PART V and DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 102.
- 2 - Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)/Electromagnetic (EM) Sensitive Item
- 3 - Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)/Sensitive Item
- 4 - Electromagnetic (EM) Sensitive Item
- 5 - Hazardous Material (Non-Specified), Items Unique Formulations May Produce Different Hazardous Classes.
- 6 - Explosives Ordnance Items
- 7 - Dangerous When Wet Material
- 8 - Spontaneously Combustible Material
- 9 - Non-Hazardous Or Non-Sensitive Item, Does Not Require Hazardous Or Special Handling, Packaging Or Precautions
- A - Medical Items (Drug/Narcotics/Antibiotics/Medical Kits)
- B - Flammable Compressed Gas
- C - Corrosive Solids/Corrosive Liquid (Other Than Acid)
- D - Alcohol (Ethanol, Ethyl Alcohol, Or Grain Alcohol Only)
- E - Precious Metals
- F - Flammable Liquids Flash Point Not More Than 60 Degree C (140 Degree F)
- G - Combustible Liquids Flash Point 60 Degree C (140 Degree F) To 93 Degree C (200 Degree F))
- H - PCB (Item Contains Polychlorinated Biphenyls)
- I - Mercury (Not Authorized for Submarine Use)
- J - Oxidizing Material
- K - Organic Peroxides
- L - Other Regulated Materials (O, R, M) Or Class 9 (Miscellaneous Hazardous Materials)
- M - Magnetic Material
- N - Asbestos (Item Capable of Emitting Asbestos Dust/Fibers)
- O - Mercury (Not Authorized for Any Shipboard Use)
- P - Poison (Including Methanol, Wood Alcohol, and Denatured Alcohol)
- Q - Explosive Non-Ordnance Items
- R - Radioactive Material
- S - Oils/Petroleum Products (Not Otherwise Specified)
- T - Toxic
- U - Mercury (Authorized for General Use)
- V - Acid (Medical)
- W - Nonflammable Compressed Gas
- X - Radioactive and Magnetic Material
- Y - Non-Magnetic (Must Remain Free of Strong Magnetic Field)
- Z - Flammable Solids
Demilitarization Management Special Material Identification Code (SMIC)
A two position alphanumeric code, which categorizes material on the basis of requirements for source or quality control, technical design or configuration control, procurement, stocking and issue control, special receipt, inspection, testing, storage, or handling. In accordance with NAVSUP P-485, VOLUME II, APPENDIX 14 and DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 60.
Demilitarization Management Source of Supply Code (SOS)
A three position alphanumeric code or routing identifier code (RIC), which identifies the source of supply activity. In accordance with DA PAM 708-2, TABLE 3-37 and DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLES 59 and 103.
- A12 - U.S. Army Soldier Biological & Chemical Command, NATICK, MA 01760
- A35 - U.S. Army War Reserve Command, Materiel Management Team, New Cumberland, PA 17070-5008
- AKZ - U.S. Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command Warren, MI 48397-5000
- AP5 - U.S. Army Soldier Biological & Chemical Command, U.S. Army Support Activity, Philadelphia, pa 19101-3460
- ARP - Navicp-erp 700 Robbins Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19111-5098
- B14 - U.S. Army Armament and Chemical Acquisition and Logistics Activity, Attn: AMSTA-AC, ROCK ISLAND, IL 61299-6000
- B16 - U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command and Fort Monmouth fort Monmouth, NJ 07703-5016
- B17 - U.S. Army Aviation & Missile Command (Air), Attn: AMSMI-LC-MM-C, REDSTONE ARSENAL, AL 35898-5230
- B56 - U.S. Army Communications Security Logistics Activity, Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613-7090
- B63 - U.S.A Biological Depot, Wash, DC Mail
- B64 - U.S. Army Aviation & Missile Command, Attn: AMSMI-LC-MM-C, REDSTONE ARSENAL, AL 35858-5230
- B69 - U.S. Army Medical Materiel Agency Frederick, MD 21701-5001
- BAM - Simulation, Training and Instrumentation Command Orlando, FL 32826-3276
- BS7 - Television-audio Support Activity Sacramento, ca 95813-5019
- CAT - Caterpillar Inc, Defense and Federal Products DIV 14009 OLD GALENA ROAD, MOOSVILLE, IL 61552
- CLC - Thales Raytheon Systems CO 2000 EAST EL SEGUNDO BLVD EL SEGUNDO, CA 90245-0902
- F01 - Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Systems, Marietta, GA 30063-0659
- F04 - Air Force Medical Logistics Office AFMLO/FOL FREDERICK, MD 21701-5006
- F06 - Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Systems, KEESLER AFB, MS 39534-5249
- F08 - Aerospace Integration Corporation, 5555 JOHN GIVENS RD., CRESTVIEW, FL 32539-7019
- F09 - Lockheed Martin Mission Systems, Santa Maria 93455-1120
- F13 - Pratt & Whitney West Palm Beach Fl 33410-9600
- F16 - Rolls Royce Corporation, 2840 Fortune Circle West, Indianapolis IN 42641-5055
- F20 - Boeing Integrated Defense System, 4615 s. Oliver, Wichita, KS 67210-3137
- F27 - Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Georgia 31098-5609
- F28 - The Boeing Company 626 Anchors St. NW Fort Walton Beach, Fl 32548-7013
- F2U - Warner-robins Air Logistics Center Robins AFB, Georgia 31098-5609
- F43 - Honeywell Technical Services, Inc Colorado Springs, Co.
- F4U - Ogden Air Logistics Center Hill AFB, Utah 84056-5609
- F50 - The Boeing Company C-130 Avionics Mod Program
- F52 - ITT SENSOR
- F56 - FD9490 SOFSA EMB FOR DEPOT STORAGE ONLY 5749 BRIAR HILL RD Lexington KY 40516-9721
- F59 - Northrop Grumman is ACS 2501 Liberty Parkway, Suite 101, Midwest, OK 73110-2885
- F63 - Composite Engineering, Inc., 5281 Raley Blvd., Sacramento, CA. 95835-1701
- F74 - Northrop Grumman Corporation Warner Robins, GA 31088-7499
- F77 - Boeing Military Transport Aircraft, Long Beach CA 90807-3044
- F78 - Northrop Grumman Ryan Aero, San Diego CA 92127
- F7X - Air Force Cryptologic Support Center (ESC) San Antonio, Texas 78243-5000
- F80 - Warner Robins Air Logistics Center Robins AFB, GA 31098-5609
- F81 - LOCKHEED MARTIN AERO CO. 2211 New Market Pkwy. S.E., Suite 112 Marietta, GA 30067-9310
- F83 - General Atomics-Aeronautical Systems, 16761 Via Del Campo Court, San Diego, CA 92127-1713
- F85 - International Telegraph & Telephone 1030 S. Highway A1A, Bldg.989 PO Box 245307, Patrick AFB, FL 32925
- F8U - Tinker AFB, Oklahoma 73145-5989
- F92 - Air Force Clothing and Textile Office. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19101-8419
- F97 - HQ Air Force Engineering and Services Center/AFESC. Tyndall AFB, Florida 32403-6001
- FG5 - Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah 84056-5609
- FGL - AF Nuclear Weapons Product Support Center, Kirtland AFB, NM 87117-5617
- FGZ - Ogden Air Logistics Center Hill. AFB, Utah 84056-5609
- FHZ - Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center. Tinker AFB, Oklahoma 73145-5989
- FL5 - Warner Robins Air Logistics Center. Robins AFB, Georgia 31098-5609
- FLZ - Warner Robins Air Logistics Center. Robins AFB , Georgia 31098-5609
- FMS - Air Force Logistics Command International Logistics Center/MI Wright Patterson. AFB, OH 45433-5001
- FND - AFMPC/MPCCM Randolph. AFB, Texas 78148
- FNF - AFLC Command Chaplain HQ AFLC/HC Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio 45433-5001
- FPD - Air Force Cryptologic Support Center (ESC) San Antonio, Texas 78243-5000
- FPH - Detachment 3, WR-ALC San Antonio, Texas 78241-5603
- FPK - San Antonio Air Logistics Center Kelly AFB, Texas 78241-5000
- FPZ - San Antonio Air Logistics Center Kelly AFB, Texas 78241-5000
- FZZ - WR-ALC/LX, BLDG 350 STRM C, 750 3rd Street, Robins AFB, GA, 31098-2122
- G13 - Department of Commerce National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration National Weather Service
- G14 - National Weather Service National Reconditioning Center (NRC) 1520 E. BANNISTER ROAD KANSAS CITY, MO 64131
- G36 - Veterans Administration Supply Depot (901E) P.O. BOX 27 HINES, IL 60141
- G69 - Department of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration, ATTN: AAC-490 P.O. BOX 25082 OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73125
- GF0 - General Services Administration General Products Commodity Center Fort Worth, TX 76102
- GGE - General Services Administration Automated Data And Telecommunications Services Electronic Service Division (WCE). 7th & D Streets, SW Washington, D.C. 20407
- GK0 - General Services Administration Tools Material Management Division. Kansas City, MO 64131
- GN0 - General Services Administration Office Of Supplies And Paper Products Commodity Center, New York, NY 10278
- GQ0 - General Services Administration Office And Scientific Equipment Commodity Center, Washington, D.C. 20406
- GSA - General Services Administration. Washington, D.C. 20406
- GT0 - General Services Administration Prints And Chemicals Commodity Center Auburn, Washington 98002
- GV0 - General Services Administration Furniture Commodity Center, Washington, D.C. 20406
- H9A - Special Operations Forces SPT ACTY, Bldg 221 Blue Grass Station, 5751 Briar Hill Road, Lexington, KY 40512-4063
- HAD - Field Command, Defense Special Weapons Agency, Kirtland AFB, New Mexico 87117-5669.
- HAM - HQ USSOCOM/SOAL-LM 700 Tampa Point Blvd, MACDILL AFB FL 33621-5323
- HGD - Honeywell Federal Manufacturing And Technologies, Kansas City, MO
- HM8 - Defense Supply Center Richmond (Mapping), Richmond, VA 23297-5335
- HQA - Joint Strike Fighter Program Office, Crystal Gateway 4, 200 12th St Ste 600, Arlington, VA, 22203.
- JCA - Authorization And Procurement Purposes (Integrated Materiel Manager (IMM)/Service)
- JCD - Delete
- JCK - Condemned
- JCL - Local Manufacture
- JCM - Depot Manufacture
- JCR - Reference To Phrase (Service)
- JDC - Commercial (DLA)
- JDF - Defense Fuel Supply Center (DFSC) Distribution Plan/Contact Bulletin And Special Procurement Programs
- JDS - DLA Supply Schedule
- JSB - Schedule of Blind-Made Products (Service)
- JSC - Commercial (Service)
- JSP - Federal Prison Industries (Service)
- JSY - Local Purchase U3A, Appendix A, Aircraft Spares Only.
- JVC - Commercial (VA)
- JVS - Federal Supply Schedule/Decentralized Schedule (VA)
- L01 - Coastal Systems Station Dahlgren Division Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City, FL 32407-7001
- L05 - BAE Systems Marine LTD, LANS BLDG C-08, BARROW-IN-FURNESS, Cambria England LA14 1AF
- L46 - Zodiac of North America Inc., Attn: Jackie Dolch Tel. 410 -643-4141, 540 Thompson Creek Road, Stevensville, MD 21666
- LA1 - Federal Prison Industries, FC1 ESTILL 100 PRISON RD ESTILL SC 29918-0699
- LA2 - Track International Prime Contractor, 369 W Western Ave Port Washington WI 53074-0990
- LA3 - Terex Cranes Inc Conway Operation, PO Box 260002 Conway SC 29528-6002
- LA4 - Litton Electro Optics Systems Div, Attn: US Marine Corps 12024 Forrestgate Drive, Dallas TX 75243-5411
- LA5 - Hayes Diversified Technologies. 10844 E AVE, SUITE A1 HESPERIA CA 92345-5000
- LA6 - Advanced Vehicle Systems Inc. 600 NEW HAMPSHIRE AVE NW SUITE 1000 WASHINGTON DC 20037-2485
- LA9 - Oshkosh Truck Corporation. PO BOX 2566 2225 MINNESOTA ST OSHKOSH WI 54902-7021
- LB2 - Lion-Vallen Industries. 6450 POE AVE STE 300 DAYTON, OH 45414-2646
- LB3 - Isometrics Inc, 1266 N Scales St. PO Box 660, Rockingham County, Reidsville, NC 26320-8306
- LB4 - Navistar International Corporation Truck Ohio Plant, 6125 Urbana Rd. PO Box 600, Springfield, OH 45501-0600
- LB7 - Ingersoll Rand, MF M67854 01 L 3086, 501 Sandford Ave, Mocksville NC 27028-2919
- LB8 - Elgin Sweeper Company Subsidiary Of Federal Signal Corps 1300 West Bartlett Road Elgin IL 60120-7429
- LC1 - XR Aytheon CO Hanger Facility Bldg 11005 BIGGS ARMY AIRFIELD EL PASO TX 79916-0001
- LC2 - Ingersoll-rand Equipment And Services Co 12311 West Silver Spring Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53225
- LC3 - Kalyn Siebert, 1505 West Main Street, P.O. Box 1078, Gatesville, TX 76528-6078
- LC5 - General Dynamics Amphibious Systems Facility Code 07lt9 14041 Worth Avenue Woodbridge VA 22192-4123
- LC6 - Raytheon Company PO BOX 801 McKinney, TX 75070-0801
- LC7 - United Defense LP Ground System Division P.O. Box 15512 York, PA 17405-1512
- LC8 - Caterpillar Inc Defense Federal Products TC A 14009 Old Galenda Rd. Mossville, IL 61552-0470
- LC9 - Am General PO Box 728 408 South Byrkit St Mishawaka, IN 46544-0728
- LD2 - Aerovironment, 69 Moreland Rd, Simi Valley, CA 93065-1662
- LD3 - RO Sefense Inc., 48 Rawls Spring Loop Rd, Hattiesburg, MS 39402-7801
- LD4 - Nordic Air, Inc. 5455 Route 307 West Geneva, OH 44041
- LD6 - Harris Corp GCSD, 2400 Palm Bay Rd NE, Palm Bay FL 32905-3399
- LD9 - Gyrocam Systems LLC, 8100 15th Street East, Sarasota, Fl 34243
- M00 - Raytheon Systems Company L00682, 2501 West University Drive, P.O. Box 801 M/S 8064, McKinney TX 7570-0801
- M01 - Trak International Prime Contractor 369 W Western Ave Port Washington WI 53074-0990
- M05 - Bae Systems Marine Ltd, Lans Bldg M05c-08, Barrow-In-Furness, Cambria England LA 141AF
- M20 - United Defense LP ground Systems Div 1100 Bairs Rd, P.O. Box 15512 York, PA 17405-1512
- M31 - Caterpillar Inc, Defense Federal Products TCA, 14009 Old Galena Rd, Mossville, IL 61522-0407
- M32 - Lion-vallen Industries 6450 Poe Ave Ste 300 Dayton, OH 45414-2646
- MA6 - Advanced Vehicle Systems Inc, l00864 600 NW Hampshire Ave, NW, Ste 1000, Washington, DC 20037
- MA7 - Hayes Diversified Technologies l00679, 10844 E Ave Ste A1, Hesperia, CA 92345
- MA8 - AM General L00211, P.O. Box 728, 420 South Byrkit St. Mishawaka, IN 46522-3012
- MA9 - Oshkosh Truck Company, Oshkosh, WI 54901
- MHQ - Headquarters Marine Corps. Washington, D.C. 20380
- MPB - Commanding general marine corps logistics base g647-1, bldg. 3700 Albany, Georgia 31704-5000
- MTC - American Crane Corporation DBA Terex American Inc 202 Raleigh St Wilmington, NC 28412-6363
- N17 - Navy Resale And Service Support Office Fort Wadsworth Staten island, NY 10305
- N21 - Naval Air System Command, Washington, D.C. 20360
- N22 - Naval Supply Systems Command. Washington, D.C. 20376
- N23 - Naval Sea Systems Command. Washington, D.C. 20362
- N24 - Naval Sea Systems Command. Washington, D.C. 20362
- N25 - Naval Facilities Engineering Command. Alexandria, Virginia 22332
- N26 - Bureau of Naval Personnel. Washington, D.C. 20370
- N32 - Naval Inventory Control Point. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111-5098
- N35 - Naval Inventory Control Point. Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 17055-0788
- N39 - Military Sealift Command. Washington, D.C. 20390
- N43 - Navy Food Service Systems Office. Washington Navy Yard. Washington, D.C. 20374
- N44 - Strategic Systems Project Office. Washington, D.C. 20376
- N45 - Naval Training System Center. Orlando, Florida 32813
- N47 - Navy Fleet Material Support Office. Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
- N48 - Naval Education And Training Program Development Center. Pensacola, Florida 32509
- N56 - Bureau Of Medicine And Surgery. Washington, D.C. 20390
- N57 - Chief of Naval Operations. Washington, D.C. 20350
- N64 - Commander Naval Intelligence Command. 4600 Silver Hill Road Washington, D.C. 20389
- N67 - Naval Air Technical Services Facility. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111
- N68 - Naval Underwater Systems Center. Newport, RI 02840
- N77 - Space And Naval Warfare Systems Command. Washington, D.C. 20363
- N79 - Naval mine engineering facility. Yorktown, Virginia 23491
- N84 - Naval Ship Weapon Systems Engineering Station (Code 5200). Port Hueneme, California 93041
- NCB - Naval ordnance center P.O. Box 2011 Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 17055-0788
- NDZ - Naval supply center san Diego, California 92131
- NFZ - Naval publications and forms directorate naval inventory control point Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111-5098
- NMP - Naval inventory control point P.O. Box 2020 Mechanicsburg, PA 17055-0788
- NMZ - Naval inventory control point P.O. Box 2020 Mechanicsburg, PA 17055-0788
- NRP - NAVICP-ERP 700 Robbins Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19111-5098
- NWS - National Weather Service. 1325 East West Highway W/Goso322 Silver Spring, MD 20910
- P64 - Crane Division Naval Surface Warfare Center Code 1121, Building 41se, 300 Highway 361 Crave, IN 47522-5010
- P73 - Naval Undersea Warfare Engineering Station Supply Department. Keyport, WA 98345
- P87 - Naval Surface Warfare Center Coastal Systems Station. 6703 w. Highway 98 Code SP40, Building 435 Panama City, FL 32407-7001
- PPZ - Naval Air Station Supply Department. Pensacola, Florida 32508
- PRZ - Naval Air Warfare Center, Aircraft Division Supply Department Patuxent River, MD 20670-5588
- PSZ - Pacific Missile Test Center. Poit Mugu, California 93042
- Q1G - NAVAL ICP, Philadelphia, PA 19111
- Q1J - NAVAL ICP, Philadelphia, PA 19111
- Q6D - Communications Security Material System 3801 Nebraska Ave N.W. Washington, D.C. 20390
- Q81 - Joint Cruise Missile Project Office. Washington, D.C. 20360
- R29 - SSPO Technical Representative (SSPOTR) Sperry Rand Corp. Sperry Systems Management Division Great Neck, New York 11020
- R31 - Naval Plant Representative (SPL(W)) P.O. BOX 504 Sunnyvale, California 94088
- R32 - Naval Ship Engineering Center Naval Station, Norfolk, Virginia 23511
- R33 - Naval Plant Technical Representative (SPA). AUTONETICS Division of Rockwell international, Inc. Anaheim, California 92803
- R41 - Commanding Officer Naval Construction Battalion Center Civil Engineer Support Office Code 15324 Port Hueneme, California 93043-5000
- R48 - Naval Supply Systems Command, Arlington, VA 22241-5360
- R58 - Navy Recruiting Command, Arlington, Virginia 22203
- RAZ - Naval Plant Representative (SPL-60) Lockheed Missile and Space CO. P.O. Box 504 Sunnyvale, California 94088
- RCZ - Naval Plant Representative (SPG). General Electric Ordnance Systems. Pittsfield, Massachusetts 01201
- RKZ - Naval Plant Technical Representative (SPI) Interstate Electronics Corp. Anaheim, California 92803
- RTF - SPAWAR SYSCEN, Charleston. P.O Box 190022. North Charleston, SC 29419-9002
- S9C - Defense Supply Center Columbus, Ohio 43215
- S9E - Defense Supply Center Columbus, Columbus, OH 43218
- S9F - Defense Fuel Supply Center Cameron station Alexandria, VA 22314
- S9G - Defense Supply Center Richmond, Virginia 23297
- S9I - Defense Industrial Supply Center. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111
- S9M - Defense Supply Center Philadelphia Directorate of Medical Materiel. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111
- S9P - Defense Supply Center Philadelphia Perishable Subsistence. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19101
- S9R - Defense Supply Center Richmond, Richmond, Virginia 23297
- S9S - Defense Supply Center Philadelphia Nonperishable Subsistence Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19101
- S9T - Defense Supply Center Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19101
- SMS - Defense Logistics Agency, Enterprise Business Systems
- ZIC - U.S. Coast Guard Supply Center Curtis Bay, Baltimore, Maryland 21226-1792
- ZNC - Commanding Officer, USCG Surface Force Logistics Center, Code 028, MIL STOP 25, 2401 Hawkins Point Road, Baltimore, Maryland 21226-5000
- ZQC - Commanding Officer, Department of Homeland Security, USCG Aviation Logistics Center, 1664 Weeksville Road, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Using Service Code (SVC)
A one position alpha code used to differentiate the catalog management data between services, integrated materiel manager, lead service, and civil agencies. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 39.
- A - U.S. Army
- B - Federal Aviation Administration
- C - U.S. Coast Guard
- D - Lead Service (Military Service Activity)
- F - U.S. Air Force
- G - General Services Administration (Civil Agencies)
- I - Integrated Materiel Manager
- L - Lead Service
- M - U.S. Marine Corps
- N - U.S. NAVY
- V - Veterans Administration (Civil Agencies)
- W - National Weather Service
- X - Abbreviated Segment H
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Acquisition Advice Code (AAC)
A code denoting how, as distinguished from where, and under what restrictions an item will be acquired. See DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 58.
Adpec Automatic Data Processing Equipment Identification Code (ADPEC)
A one position identifier code to indicate an item of ADPE or containing ADPE regardless of assigned FSC to provide visibility for compliance with unique manager requirements established for ADPE by Public Law 89-306.
- 0 - No ADP components
- 1 - Analog CPUs, ADP Central Processing Units for Computers Analog
- 2 - Digital CPUs, ADP Central Processing Units for Computers
- 3 - Hybrid CPUs, ADP Central Processing Units for Computers
- 4 - ADP Input/Output and Storage Devices Used to Control and Transfer Information to and from a CPU
- 5 - ADP Accessorial Equipment
- 6 - Punched Card Equipment
- 7 - ADP Supplies and Support Equipment
- 8 - Represents consumable supplies such as paper, empty reels and hubs, tape, certifying and cleaning equipment ADP Components
- 9 - Embedded ADPE that meets one or more of the definitions for codes 1 through 6
A three position alphanumeric code that indicates whether a requirement in a Federal Item Identification Guide (FIIG) needs to be satisfied for the item being identified.
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Integrated Materiel Manager (IMM)
A two position alphanumeric code that indicates the materiel manager responsible for the execution of assigned materiel management functions for selected items or selected federal supply classes.
Item Name Code (INC)
A five position numeric code that is assigned to each approved item name. Non-approved item names are assigned item name code 77777. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 20.
Item Standardization Code (ISC)
A one position alphanumeric code, which represents the item standardization decision. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 91.
- 0 - Items under the specification control of defense threat reduction agency (DTRA) or National Security Agency (NSA).
- 1 - An item authorized for procurement as a result of a formal item reduction study and accepted as a replacement for one or more items not authorized for procurement. In addition, in generic relationships, a CODE 1 item is related to a CODE 2 item.
- 2 - An item authorized for procurement which has been included in an item reduction study and which initially does not replace an item not authorized for procurement. In addition, in generic relationships, a CODE 2 item is related to a CODE 1 item.
- 3 - An item which, as a result of a formal item reduction study, is accepted as not authorized for procurement.
- 5 - An item authorized for procurement that has not yet been subject to item standardization.
- 6 - An item authorized for procurement that is in a specific federal supply class (FSC) or item name grouping consisting primarily of items which are one-of-a-kind; therefore, little or no potential exists for elimination of items through formal item reduction studies.
- 7 - Nato Use Only
- 8 - Nato Use Only
- B - A new item authorized for procurement, contained in a new or revised superseding specification or standard that replaces prior items.
- C - An item authorized for procurement that has been included in an item reduction study but an intelligent decision could not be made due to lack of sufficient technical data.
- E - An item no longer authorized for procurement which has been replaced by an item contained in a new or revised superseding specification or standard.
A thirty-two position alphanumeric or special character name, which establishes a basic concept of the item of supply to which the item belongs. It may be a basic noun or noun-phrase, followed by those modifiers necessary to differentiate between item concepts for items having the same basic noun.
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Order of USE (OOU)
A code denoting a national stock number's I&S relationship within a service/agency's I&S family. The first two positions indicate the I&S order of use subgroup code, and the last position indicates the order of use sequence code within subgroups.
Document Availability Code (DAC)
National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
A nine position numeric number assigned to each approved item identification. The first two positions are the national codification bureau (NCB) code, followed by a seven position non-significant number.
National Stock Number (NSN)
A 13-digit numeric code, identifying all the 'standardized material items of supply' as they have been recognized by all NATO countries including United States Department of Defense (DOD). Pursuant to the NATO Standardization Agreements, the NSN has come to be used in all treaty countries, where it is also known as a NATO Stock Number. A two-digit Material Management Aggregation Code (MMAC) suffix may also be appended, to denote asset end use but it is not considered part of the NSN. NSN structure: 4 digit FSC (first 2 digit are Federal Stock Group or FSG) - 9 digit NIIN (first 2 digits are the national codification bureau, NCB, code and 7 digit item number)
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Precious Metals Indicator Code (PMIC)
A one position alpha code, which identifies items that have precious metals as part of their content. Precious metals are those metals generally considered to be uncommon, highly valuable, and relatively superior in certain properties such as resistance to corrosion and electrical conductivity. The precious metals recovery program for the federal government encompasses Gold, Silver, Platinum, and the Platinum family which consists of Palladium, Iridium, Rhodium, Osmium, and Ruthenium. In accordance with DA PAM 708-2, TABLE 3-32 and DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 160.
- A - Item does not contain Precious Metal.
- C - Item contains combination of two or more Precious Metals (Silver, Gold, Platinum).
- G - Item contains Gold.
- P - Item contains Platinum family metals.
- S - Item contains Silver.
- U - Precious Metal content is unknown.
- V - Precious Metal type varies between manufacturers.
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Type of Business Code
A code utilized in the Cage File that defines the disadvantaged status of a business.
- H - Approved by Small Business Administration (SBA) for Section 8 Program.
- I - Other Disadvantaged small business firm.
- N - Not a disadvantaged small business firm.
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Hazardous Characteristics Code (HCC)
A two position alphanumeric code used for storage purposes of hazardous items. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 214.
- A1 - Radioactive, licensed
- A2 - Radioactive, license exempt
- A3 - Radioactive, license exempt, authorized
- B1 - Alkali, corrosive, inorganic
- B2 - Alkali, corrosive, organic
- B3 - Alkali, low risk
- C1 - Acid, corrosive, inorganic
- C2 - Acid, corrosive, organic
- C3 - Acid, low risk
- C4 - Acid, corrosive and oxidizer, inorganic
- C5 - Acid, corrosive and oxidizer, organic
- D1 - Oxidizer
- D2 - Oxidizer and poison
- D3 - Oxidizer and corrosive, acidic
- D4 - Oxidizer and corrosive, alkali
- E1 - Explosive, military
- E2 - Explosive, low risk
- F1 - Flammable liquid, dot packing group I, OSHA IA
- F2 - Flammable liquid, dot packing group II, OSHA IB
- F3 - Flammable liquid, dot packing group III, OSHA IC
- F4 - Flammable liquid, dot packing group III, OSHA II
- F5 - Flammable liquid and poison
- F6 - Flammable liquid and corrosive, acidic
- F7 - Flammable liquid and corrosive, alkali
- F8 - Flammable solid
- G1 - Gas, poison (nonflammable)
- G2 - Gas, flammable
- G3 - Gas, nonflammable
- G4 - Gas, nonflammable, oxidizer
- G5 - Gas, nonflammable, corrosive
- G6 - Gas, poison, corrosive (nonflammable)
- G7 - Gas, poison, oxidizer (nonflammable)
- G8 - Gas, poison, flammable
- G9 - Gas, poison, corrosive, oxidizer (nonflammable)
- H1 - Hazard characteristics not yet determined
- K1 - Infectious substance
- K2 - Cytotoxic drugs
- M1 - Magnetized material
- N1 - Not regulated as hazardous
- P1 - Peroxide, organic, dot regulated
- P2 - Peroxide, organic, low risk
- R1 - Reactive chemical, flammable
- R2 - Water reactive chemical
- T1 - Dot poison
- T2 - Un-poison, packing group I
- T3 - Un-poison, packing group II
- T4 - Un-poison, packing group III
- T5 - Pesticide, low risk
- T6 - Health hazard
- T7 - Carcinogen (OSHA, NTP, IARC)
- V1 - Miscellaneous hazardous materials
- V2 - Aerosol, nonflammable
- V3 - Aerosol, flammable
- V4 - Dot combustible liquid, OSHA IIIA
- V5 - High flash point materials, OSHA IIIB
- V6 - Petroleum products
- V7 - Environmental hazard
- X1 - Multiple hazards under one NSN
- Z1 - Article containing asbestos
- Z2 - Article containing mercury
- Z3 - Article containing polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB)
- Z4 - Article, battery, lead acid, non-spilllable
- Z5 - Article, battery, nickel cadmium, non-spillable
- Z6 - Article, battery, lithium
- Z7 - Article, battery, dry cell
Hazardous Material Indicator Code (HMIC)
A one position alpha code that identifies a hazardous item. Requires the procuring activity to acquire a material safety data sheet (MSDS). In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 179.
- D - Indicates there is no information in the HMIRS; however, the NSN is in a FSC in table I of Federal Standard 313 and a MSDS should be available to the user.
- N - Indicates there is no data in the HMIRS and the NSN is in a FSC not generally suspected of containing hazardous materials.
- P - Indicates there is no information in the HMIRS. The NSN is in a FSC in table II of FED STD 313 and a MSDS may be required by the user. The requirement for a MSDS is dependent on a hazard determination of the supplier or the intended end use of item.
- Y - Indicates information is in the hazardous materials information resource system (HMIRS).
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGE)
A five position alphanumeric code assigned to companies which either fabricate items of production and/or have design control of items procured by the federal government. The second, third, and fourth positions maybe any mixture of alphanumeric, excluding alpha I and O. If the cage is NATO (NCAGE) then it is a five position alphanumeric code with an alpha character in the first and/or last position. The NCAGE prefix and suffix alpha character(s) designates a specific country or codification bureau (see FLIS PROCEDURES MANUAL, VOLUME 10, TABLE 13).
Criticality Code (CC)
A code which indicates that an item is technically critical by reason of tolerance, fit restrictions, application, nuclear hardness properties or other characteristics which affects identification of the item.
- C - The item has critical features such as tolerance, fit restrictions or application. Nuclear hardness properties have not been determined (not valid for input).
- E - The item is an Aviation Critical Safety Item/Flight Safety Critical Aircraft Part (ACSI/FSCAP) and is specially designed to be or selected as being nuclear hard.
- F - The item is an Aviation Critical Safety Item/Flight Safety Critical Aircraft Part (ACSI/FSCAP).
- H - The item is specifically designed to be or selected as being nuclear hard (i.e., it will continue to perform its designed function in an environment created by a nuclear explosion). The item does not have other critical features.
- M - The item is specifically designed to be or selected as being nuclear hard. In addition the item has other critical features such as tolerance, fit restrictions or application.
- N - The item does not have a critical feature such as tolerance, fit restrictions or application. Nuclear hardness properties have not been determined (not valid for input).
- S - The item is a non-aviation Critical Safety Item (CSI) whose failure will result in serious damage to equipment or serious injury or death to personnel.
- V - The item has not been reviewed for FSCAP, CSI or CAI purposes by an approved engineering authority.
- X - The item does not have a nuclear hardened feature or any other critical feature such as tolerance, fit restriction or application.
- Y - The item does not have a nuclear hardened feature but does have other critical feature(s) such as tolerance, fit restriction or application.
Controlled Inventory Item Code (CIIC)
A one position alphanumeric code that indicates the security classification and/or security risk or pilferage controls for storage and transportation of department of defense (DOD) assets. In accordance with NAVSUP P-485, VOLUME II, APPENDIX 9, PART D; DA PAM 708-2, TABLE 3-9; AND DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 61.
- 1 - Highest Sensitivity (SRC-I)
- 2 - High Sensitivity (SRC II)
- 3 - Moderate Sensitivity (SRC III)
- 4 - Low Sensitivity (SRC IV)
- 5 - Highest Sensitivity (SRC I)
- 6 - Highest Sensitivity (SRC I)
- 7 - Non-sensitive (SRC-N/A)
- 8 - High Sensitivity (SCR)
- 9 - This code identifies an item as a controlled cryptographic item (CCI). CCI is described as secure telecommunications or information handling equipment, associated cryptographic component, or other hardware item which performs a critical COMSEC function. Items so designated are unclassified but controlled, and will bear the designation "controlled cryptographic item or CCI."
- A - Confidential
- B - Confidential
- C - Confidential or Moderate Sensitivity (SRC III) and Low Sensitivity (SRC IV)
- D - Confidential
- E - Secret
- F - Top Secret
- G - Secret
- H - Secret
- I - Aircraft Engine Equipment and Parts
- J - Pilferage
- K - Top Secret
- L - Top Secret
- M - Hand-tools and Shop Equipment
- N - Firearms Piece Parts and Nonlethal Firearms
- O - Item contains naval nuclear propulsion information; disposal and access limitations are identified in NAVSEAINST C5511.32. Also, indentifies unclassified nuclear weapons-related materiel (NWRM) requiring stringent positive inventory control in accordance with AFMAN 23-110. Caution: store and handle in a manner that will prevent unauthorized access to this material.
- P - Ammunition and Explosives
- Q - A drug or other controlled substance designated as a schedule III, IV, or V item, in accordance with the controlled substance act of 1970. Other sensitive items requiring limited access storage.
- R - Precious metals, a drug or other controlled substance designated as a schedule I or II item, in accordance with the controlled substance act of 1970. Other selected sensitive items requiring storage in a vault or safe.
- S - Secret
- T - Top Secret
- U - Unclassified
- V - Individual Clothing and Equipment
- W - Office Machines
- X - Photographic Equipment and Supplies
- Y - Communication/Electronic Equipment and Parts
- Z - Vehicular Equipment and Parts
A one position numeric code that is used to differentiate how a particular item name should be used.
A one position numeric code that denotes the restrictions for classifying Approved Item Names (AIN).
Cage Status Code
A one position alpha code that identifies the status condition of a Commercial And Government Entity (CAGE) code. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 19.
- A - Active. Company currently in operation. Applicability CAGE/NCAGE.
- C - Restraint. Use the cage code indicated. (Do not use for cataloging purposes.) Applicability CAGE/NCAGE.
- E - Debarred. The company entity shown is debarred, suspended or proposed for debarment as indicated on the GSA list of parties excluded from procurement programs. Note: at the time the company/entity s eligibility is reinstated, the status code of "E" will be changed back to "A" (Active Status).
- F - Obsolete. Location of company unknown. Reference numbers currently recorded in the Federal/NATO Supply System. Applicability CAGE/NCAGE.
- H - Obsolete. Company has been discontinued and/or CAGE/NCAGE no longer required. Reference numbers currently recorded in the federal/NATO supply system. Applicability CAGE/NCAGE.
- J - Specialized use. Active specialized use record. Denotes the item of production recorded in the federal/NATO supply system is designed to certain industry wide specification(s) standard(s). Applicability CAGE/NCAGE.
- K - Specialized use. Active specialized use record denoting the item is produced or meets government designed specification/standard. Applicability CAGE/NCAGE.
- M - Specialized use. Active specialized use record. CAGE/NCAGE is referenced to a special numbering system developed by the government and used in conjunction with the identification of cataloging data in the federal/NATO supply system. Applicability CAGE/NCAGE
- N - Cancelled. Cancelled without replacement record. Company is defunct and/or CAGE/NCAGE is no longer required. No reference numbers recorded in the federal/NATO supply system. Applicability CAGE/NCAGE.
- P - Cancelled. Cancelled without replacement record. Location of company is unknown. No reference numbers recorded in the federal/NATO supply system. Applicability CAGE/NCAGE.
- R - Cancelled. Cancelled with replacement record. Company discontinued and/or acquired/merged within successor. Applicability CAGE/NCAGE.
- T - Specialized use. Active specialized use record. Joint venture. Company is a 50/50 partnership. Applicability cage.
- U - Restraint. Active record with restraint. Manufacturer s representative. Code is assigned to an organization that represents other various companies for various reasons. The company being represented will usually have their own specific cage code assigned. (Do not use for cataloging purposes.). Applicability cage (type f only).
- W - Restraint. Active record with restraint. Cage code assigned to an individual employed by a company where that individual performs contracted work using company name separate from the company location. Address on this record will be different than the address of the company itself. (Do not use for cataloging purposes.)
- Y - Active specialized use record. CAGE/NCAGE assigned to an entity still actively engaged in business operations: however, the entity no longer wishes to be considered for contracting or sells its products only through distributors. (Do not use for procurement purposes).
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Quantity Unit Pack (QUP)
A code indicating the number of units of issue in the unit package as established by the managing activity.
- 0 - No QUP
- 1 - 1
- 2 - 2
- 3 - 3
- 4 - 4
- 5 - 5
- 6 - 6
- 7 - 7
- 8 - 8
- 9 - 9
- A - 10
- B - 12
- C - 15
- D - 16
- E - 18
- F - 20
- G - 24
- H - 25
- J - 32
- K - 36
- L - 48
- M - 50
- N - 72
- P - 75
- Q - 100
- R - 120
- S - 144
- T - 200
- U - 250
- V - 500
- W - 1000
- X - BLK
- Y - Packager's option so long as all other contractual requirements are met.
- Z - Special Requirements
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Document Availability Code (DAC)
A one position alphanumeric code, which establishes the type and availability of technical documentation. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 5.
- 1 - The reference number is represented by a drawing and the drawing was available to the RNAAC, who may or may not be the submitting activity, at the time of submission of the reference number. The RNAAC will furnish the drawing upon request.
- 2 - The reference number is represented by a drawing and the drawing was available to the RNAAC, who may or may not be the submitting activity, at the time of submission of the reference number; however, the RNAAC cannot furnish the drawing.
- 3 - The reference number is represented by technical documentation other than a drawing and the documentation was available to the RNAAC, who may or may not be the submitting activity, at the time of submission of the reference number. The RNAAC will furnish the technical documentation upon request.
- 4 - The reference number is represented by technical documentation other than a drawing and the documentation was available to the RNAAC, who may or may not be the submitting activity, at the time of submission of the reference number; however, the RNAAC cannot furnish the technical documentation.
- 5 - The reference number is represented by a drawing, but the drawing was not available to the RNAAC, who may or may not be the submitting activity, at the time of submission of the reference number.
- 6 - The reference number is represented by technical documentation other than a drawing but the documentation was not available to the RNAAC, who may or may not be the submitting activity, at the time of submission of the reference number.
- 9 - The reference number is of the type for which an indication of document availability is not required.
- A - The reference number is represented by an engineering drawing and the drawing is available for unlimited use. The drawing will be furnished by the activity identified by the RNAAC upon request.
- B - The reference number is represented by an engineering drawing. The drawing is available for limited use under the terms of the rights-in-data clause of the contract by which the data was obtained and will be furnished by the activity identified by the RNAAC upon request. Descriptive data based on limited rights information will not be released to the general public through publications or other media.
- C - The reference number is represented by an engineering drawing. The drawing is available for unlimited use but under the security measures specified for the level of security classification assigned. The drawing will be furnished only to qualified requesters by the activity identified by the RNAAC.
- D - The reference number is represented by an engineering drawing. The drawing is available for limited use under the terms of the rights-in-data clause of the contract by which the data was obtained, and under the security measures specified for the level of security classification assigned. The drawing will be furnished only to qualified requesters by the activity identified by the RNAAC. Descriptive data based on limited rights information will not be released to the general public through publications or other media.
- E - The reference number is represented by engineering data other than an engineering drawing. The data is available for unlimited use and will be furnished by the activity identified by the RNAAC upon request.
- F - The reference number is represented by engineering data other than an engineering drawing. The data is available for limited use under the terms of the rights-in-data clause of the contract by which the data was obtained and will be furnished by the activity identified by the RNAAC upon request. Descriptive data based on limited rights information will not be released to the general public through publications or other media.
- G - The reference number is represented by engineering data other than an engineering drawing. The data is available for unlimited use but under the security measures specified for the level of security classification assigned. The data will be furnished only to qualified requesters by the activity identified by the RNAAC.
- H - The reference number is represented by engineering data other than an engineering drawing. The data is available for limited use under the terms of the rights-in-data clause of the contract by which the data was obtained, and under the security measures specified for the level of security classification assigned. The data will be furnished only to qualified requesters by the activity identified by the RNAAC. Descriptive data based on limited rights information will not be released to the general public through publications or other media.
- U - A reference number represented by a bar code structure in accordance with an organization such as Global Standards 1 (GS1). The technical documentation may or may not be available to the RNAAC. Note: GS1 is the organization formed as a result of the merger between the Uniform Code Council (UCC) and EAN International.
- X - DAC not known. Found on U.S. NSNs that were assigned before 1975. Cannot be used for new item assignment, or any maintenance action on older NSNs.
Demilitarization Code (DML)
A one position alpha code that identifies items requiring demilitarization and the type of demilitarization required. In accordance with DA PAM 708-2, TABLE 3-12; DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 38 and DOD 4160.21-M-1
- A - Non-USML/non-CCLI
- B - USML Items
- C - USML Items
- D - USML Items
- E - DOD Demilitarization Program Office (DDPO) reserves this code for their exclusive-use only. DEMIL instructions will be furnished by the DDPO (NOTE 6).
- F - USML Items
- G - U.S. Munitions List (USML) items
- P - USML Items
- Q - Commerce Control List Items (CCLI)
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Federal Item Identification Guide (FIIG)
A six position alphanumeric code in the Master Requirement Directory recorded against a Master Requirement Code (MRC) which identifies the FIIG in which the MRC will be used.
Federal Supply Classification (FSC)
A four position numeric code which identifies the supply classification of an item of supply identified under the federal cataloging program, an item of production and/or a homogeneous area of commodities in respect to their physical or performance characteristics. The first two digits identify the federal supply group and the last two digits identify the specific class within the specified group. The combination of these four digits constitutes the federal supply classification.
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Environmental Attribute Code (ENAC)
A two position alphanumeric code that identifies items with environmentally preferred characteristics. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 194.
- AB - Bronze
- AF - Silver
- AG - Gold
- AK - Non-cadmium product
- AT - 2-cycle engine oils
- AU - Composite panels
- AV - Adhesive and mastic removers
- AW - Disposable containers
- AY - Dust supressants
- AZ - Firearms lubricants
- BA - Floor strippers
- BB - Fluid-filled transformers
- BC - Fluid-filled transformers
- BD - Greases
- BE - Laundry products
- BF - Glass cleaners
- BG - Graffiti and grease removers
- BH - Greases
- BJ - Hand cleaners
- BK - Hand sanitizers
- BL - Composite panels
- BM - Lip care products
- BN - Wood and concrete sealers
- BP - Greases
- BQ - Films
- BR - Plastic insulating foam for residential and commercial construction
- BS - Composite panels
- BT - Laundry products
- BU - Greases
- BV - Films
- BW - Sorbents
- BX - Hydraulic fluids
- BY - Composite panels
- BZ - Composite panels
- CA - Greases
- CB - Wood and concrete sealers
- CE - Carpets
- CF - Bathroom and spa cleaners
- CG - Carpet and upholstery cleaners
- CH - Carpet and upholstery cleaners
- CJ - Concrete and asphalt release fluids
- CK - De-Icers
- CL - Fertilizers
- CM - Metal working fluids
- CN - Metalworking fluids
- CP - Metalworking fluids
- CR - Beverage vending machines
- CS - Battery chargers
- CT - Room air cleaners
- CU - Programmable thermostats
- CV - Battery charging systems
- CW - Digital-to-analog converter boxes (DTAS)
- CX - External power adapters
- CY - Set-top boxes
- CZ - Digital duplicators
- DB - Notebook computers/tablet PCs
- DC - Light fixtures
- DD - Decorative light strings
- DE - Commercial dishwashers
- DF - Led lighting
- DG - Battery charging systems
- DJ - Gas condensing
- DK - Heat pump
- DL - High-efficiency gas storage
- DM - Whole-home gas tankless
- DN - Pre-rinse spray valves
- DP - Flowable fill
- DQ - Modular threshold ramps
- DR - Non-pressure pipe
- DS - Solar
- DT - Railroad grade crossing surfaces
- DU - Roofing materials
- DV - Compost and fertilizer made from organic materials
- DW - Office furniture
- DX - Bike racks
- DY - Blasting grit
- DZ - Windows, doors & skylights
- E1 - Office recycling containers
- E2 - Office waste receptacles
- E3 - Plastic desktop accessories
- E4 - Toner cartridges
- E5 - Binders, clipboards, file folders, clip portfolios and presentation folders
- E6 - Printer ribbons
- E7 - Plastic trash bags
- E8 - Plastic envelopes
- E9 - Pallets
- EB - Re-refined lubricating oils
- EC - Roof products
- ED - Retread tires
- EE - Engine coolants
- EF - Building insulation products
- EH - Cement and concrete containing coal fly ash
- EJ - Cement and concrete containing ground granulated blast furnace slag
- EK - Structural fiberboard
- EL - Laminated paperboard
- EM - Carpet
- EN - Floor tiles
- EP - Patio blocks
- EQ - Consolidated and reprocessed latex paint
- ER - Traffic barricades
- ES - Traffic cones
- ET - Parking stops
- EU - Channelizers
- EV - Delineators
- EW - Flexible delineators
- EX - Playground surfaces
- EY - Running tracks
- EZ - Plastic fencing
- F1 - DVD players
- F9 - Microwave ovens
- FA - Garden and soaker hoses
- FB - Lawn and garden edging
- FC - Ice machines
- FD - Shower and restroom dividers/partitions
- FE - Hydraulic mulch
- FG - Room air conditioners
- FH - Dishwashers
- FJ - Refrigerators
- FK - Central air conditioners
- FL - Gas furnaces
- FM - Electric water heaters
- FN - Gas water heaters
- FP - Air source heat pumps
- FQ - Geothermal heat pumps
- FR - Faucets
- FS - Showerheads
- FU - Commercial solid door refrigerators & freezers
- FV - Urinals
- FW - Computers
- FX - Monitors
- FY - Printers
- FZ - Copiers
- G1 - Cement and concrete containing cenospheres
- G2 - Cement and concrete containing silica fume
- G3 - Integrated computers
- G4 - Rebuilt vehicular parts
- G6 - Freezers
- G8 - Light commercial heating and cooling
- GA - Facsimile machines
- GC - Commercial ice machines
- GD - Exit signs
- GE - Fluorescent tube lamps
- GF - Fluorescent ballasts
- GG - Residential windows
- GH - Electric motors
- GJ - Distribution transformers medium
- GK - Clothes washers
- GL - Commercial unitary air conditioners
- GM - Commercial heat pumps
- GN - Fluorescent luminaries
- GP - Roof products
- GQ - Household consumer products
- GR - Architectural coatings
- GT - Carpet cushion
- GU - Plastic lumber landscaping timber and posts
- GV - Park benches and picnic tables
- GW - Awards and plaques
- GX - Industrial drums
- GY - Mats
- GZ - Signage
- H1 - Audio products
- HA - Sorbents
- HB - Manual-grade strapping
- HC - Playground equipment
- HD - Commercial hot food holding cabinets
- HE - Commercial fryers
- HF - Boilers
- HG - Furnaces
- HH - Centrifugal pumping system
- HJ - Industrial hid luminaries
- HK - Downlight luminaries
- HL - Compact fluorescent lamps
- HM - Lighting controls
- HN - Clothes washers
- HP - Water based cleaning materials
- HR - Desktop computers
- HS - Laptop computers
- HT - Computer monitors
- HU - Printers
- HV - Facsimile machines
- HW - Copier
- HX - TV
- HY - VCR
- HZ - TV/VCR/DVD combo
- J3 - Dehumidifiers
- J4 - Ceiling fans
- J6 - Home sealing (insulation)
- J7 - Ventilating fans
- J8 - Cordless phones
- JC - Marine operations coatings
- JD - Aerospace operations coatings
- JE - Metal parts coatings
- JF - Commercial/industrial sanitary tissue products
- JG - Asbestos alternative products
- JH - Miscellaneous papers
- JJ - Newsprint
- JK - Paperboard and packaging products
- JL - Printing and writing papers
- JM - Griddles
- JN - Fryers
- JP - Hot food holding cabinets
- JQ - Commercial steam cookers
- JR - Refrigerators and freezers
- JS - Air-cooled chillers
- JT - Ground source heat pumps
- JU - Water-cooled chillers
- JV - Ground source heat pumps
- JW - Workstation
- JX - Docking station
- JY - Multifunction devices
- JZ - Scanner
- K1 - Feeding tubes
- K2 - Fixatives, stains, reagents, preservatives
- K3 - Dental amalgam
- K4 - Float switches
- K5 - Electrical switches
- K6 - Thermometers
- K7 - Pressure gauges
- K8 - Barometers
- K9 - Flow meters
- KB - Mailing machines
- KE - Vending machines
- KG - Combination units
- KH - DVD products
- KJ - Home audio
- KK - Televisions
- KP - Water coolers
- KQ - Mobile equipment hydraulic fluids
- KR - Penetrating lubricants
- KS - Diesel fuel additives
- KT - Roof coatings
- KU - Bedding, bed linens, and towels
- KV - Water tank coatings
- KW - Thermometers
- KX - Sphygmomanometers
- KY - Esophageal dilators
- KZ - Cantor tubes and miller ABBOTT tubes
- LA - Passenger motor vehicles
- LB - Engine electrical system components, non aircraft
- LC - Disposable cutlery
- LE - Air-source heat pumps
- LF - Computers
- LG - Monitors
- LH - Printers, scanners, and all-in-ones
- LJ - Copiers and fax machines
- LK - Refrigerators and freezers
- LL - Dishwashers
- LM - Room ac
- LN - Boilers
- LP - Central ac
- LQ - Light bulbs (CFLS)
- NR - Reviewed
- ZZ - Multiple entry
Electrostatic Discharge Code (ESDC)
A one position alpha code that indicates if an item is susceptible to electrostatic discharge or electromagnetic interference damage. Electrostatic discharge damage occurs when an accumulation of static electricity generated by the relative motion or separation of materials is released to another item by direct contact. Electromagnetic interference damage occurs when an item comes into proximity with an electrostatic or magnetic field. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 189.
- A - No known electrostatic discharge (ESD) or electromagnetic interference (EMI) sensitivity.
- B - Represents items with ESD sensitivity.
- C - Represents items with EMI sensitivity.
- D - Represents items with both ESD and EMI sensitivity.
Document Availability Code (DAC)
Management Control Codes (MCC)
A seven position alphanumeric group of management codes used and configured by the individual military services to designate controls which are essential to the successful operation of a particular system. All positions may not be used and each element remains in its pre-selected position. Blank spaces are filled with dashes. AIR FORCE positions: 1-2-fund code, 3-budget code, 4-5-materiel management aggregation code, 6-blank, 7-price validation code. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLES 66-68, 177. ARMY positions: 1-materiel category and inventory manager, 2-appropriation and budget activity account code, 3-management inventory segment, 4-5-specific group/generic category code, 6-army accounting requirements code, 7-blank. In accordance with DA PAM 708-2, TABLES 3-1, 3-24-28 and DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLES 64-65. COAST GUARD positions: 1-inventory account code, 2-blank, 3-serial number control code, 4-special material icontent code, 5-7-blank. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLES 102,127, 150. MARINE CORPS positions: 1-stores account code, 2-combat essentiality code, 3-4-management code/echelon code, 5-material identification code, 6-operational test code, 7-physical category code. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLES 54-55, 72-73, 123-124. NAVY positions: 1-2-cognizance code, 3-4-special material identification code, 5-6-issue, repair, requisition restriction code, 7-special material content code. In accordance with NAVSUP P-485, VOLUME II, APPENDIX 9, PARTS G, V, APPENDIX 14, APPENDIX 18, PART B AND DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLES 60,62,95, 102.
Material Management Aggregation Code (MMAC)
A two position alpha code that identifies an item of supply to be managed by a specific activity manager. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 66.
Major Organizational Entity Code (MOE (or S_A))
A two position alphanumeric code that represents the subdivision of a US Governmental organization or an agency of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), and other friendly governments and international organizations participating in the federal catalog program. In accordance with DOD 4100.39-M, VOLUME 10, TABLE 51.
- AA - Office of The Secretary of Agriculture
- BA - Office of The Secretary of Labor
- CA - National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration
- CB - Bureau of The Census
- CM - Maritime Administration
- CS - National Bureau of Standards
- DA - Department of The Army
- DF - Department of The Air Force
- DG - National Security Agency
- DH - Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- DJ - HQ United States Special Operations Forces Command (USSOCOM)
- DK - Joint Strike Fighter Program
- DL - Defense Intelligence Agency
- DM - U.S. Marine Corps
- DN - Department of the NAVY
- DP - National Imaging and Mapping Agency
- DR - Defense Logistics Agency
- DS - Defense Logistics Agency
- DZ - DOD Dependent Schools (DODDS)
- EC - Interstate Commerce Commission
- EF - Office of Economic Opportunity
- EX - Central Intelligence Agency
- FC - Bureau of Prisons
- FD - Federal Bureau of Investigation
- FF - Office of The Attorney General
- GE - Federal Aviation Administration
- GG - Office of The Secretary of Transportation
- GH - Federal Railroad Administration
- GP - U.S. Coast Guard
- HD - Food and Drug Administration
- HH - Office of The Secretary of Hew
- HJ - National Institutes of Health
- HK - Health Services Administration
- HS - Social Security Administration
- IB - Kenya
- IC - Jordan
- ID - Venezuela
- KA - Learjet
- KF - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- KG - Geological Survey
- KJ - Bureau of Indian Affairs
- KK - Office of The Secretary of Interior
- KL - Bureau of Land Management
- KM - Bureau of Mines
- KP - National Park Service
- KR - Bureau of Reclamation
- KX - Bonneville Power Administration
- KY - Southeastern Power Administration
- KZ - Southwestern Power Administration
- LM - Library of Congress
- LP - Government Printing Office
- MM - Office of The Secretary of Housing & Urban Development
- O2 - Mali
- O3 - Somalia
- O4 - Tunisia
- O5 - Congo, the Democratic Rep. of
- O6 - Haiti
- O7 - Panama
- O8 - Ghana
- OD - Colombia
- OE - Honduras
- OF - El Salvador
- OG - Trinidad-Tobago
- OH - Surinam
- OJ - Paraguay
- OK - Uruguay
- OL - Peru
- OM - Ecuador
- ON - Guatemala
- OP - Dominican republic
- OQ - Nicaragua
- OR - Bolivia
- OS - Costa Rica
- OT - Lebanon
- OV - Qatar
- OW - Bahrain
- OY - Myanmar
- OZ - Cameroon
- QE - Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- QH - Bureau of Accounts
- QM - Bureau of The Mint
- QN - Internal Revenue Service
- QU - Office of The Treasurer of The United States
- RA - National Weather Service
- SA - Bureau of Administration Department of State
- T1 - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- T8 - Panama Canal Company
- TD - Department of Energy
- TG - General Services Administration
- TJ - District of Columbia Government
- TV - Tennessee Valley Authority
- U2 - Committee on Purchase of Blind-Made Products
- UE - Smithsonian Institution
- UL - U.S. Information
- VA - Veterans Administration
- VB - Bosnia and Herzegovina
- VD - Latvia
- VE - Oman
- VK - Sweden
- VQ - Iraq
- VS - Serbia
- WA - United Nations
- WB - Austria
- WD - Croatia
- WE - Estonia
- WF - Finland
- WG - United Arab Emirates
- WH - Hungary
- WI - Lithuania
- WJ - Fiji
- WL - Slovenia
- WM - Macedonia
- WN - NADB (NATO Ammunition Data Base)
- WP - Poland
- WR - Romania
- WS - Slovakia
- WT - Tonga
- WU - Bulgaria
- WW - Environmental Protection Agency
- WX - NATO Maintenance and Supply Agency (NAMSA) for NATO MCRL Data
- WZ - Czech Republic
- XF - U.S. Postal Service
- YA - Brazil
- YB - Spain
- YD - Israel
- YE - Taiwan, Province of China
- YF - Argentina
- YG - Papua New Guinea
- YH - Albania
- YJ - Singapore
- YK - Kuwait
- YL - Switzerland
- YM - Sudan
- YN - Chile
- YP - Morocco
- YQ - Egypt
- YR - Ukraine
- YS - Saudi Arabia
- YT - Indonesia
- YU - Russia
- YV - Peoples Republic of China
- YW - Malaysia
- YX - Mexico
- YY - Thailand
- ZA - Australia
- ZB - Belgium
- ZC - Canada
- ZD - South Africa
- ZE - New Zealand
- ZF - France
- ZG - Germany
- ZH - Republic of Korea
- ZI - India
- ZJ - Japan
- ZK - United Kingdom
- ZL - Luxembourg
- ZM - Philippines
- ZN - Netherlands
- ZO - Pakistan
- ZP - Portugal
- ZR - Italy
- ZS - Denmark
- ZT - Norway
- ZU - Greece
- ZV - Iceland
- ZW - Turkey
- ZX - NATO Maintenance and Supply Agency
- ZZ - United States of America
Master Requirement Code (MRC)
A four position alpha code assigned to each physical or performance characteristics requirement in a Federal Item Identification Guide (FIIG).
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
A five position alpha code that is assigned to an MSDS within Hazardous Materials Information Resource (HMIRS). For more information please navigate to the defense logistics information services HMIRS home page using the link below.